- May. 31, 2021
- Center Stage Theater
By Anton Chekhov
Translated by Libby Appel
Directed by Blake Thompson
Welcome back to live theatre! This rendition of Three Sisters by Anton Chekhov is translated by Libby Appel, and slightly abridged to fit an intimate cast of UCSB BFA program actors. The goal of this staged reading is to serve as a project for young actors and artists to improve their crafts after a year-long hiatus. We have found that Chekhov beautifully captures the beauty within the suffering of human existence, and after a year of sorrow for everyone, we think there is no better time to tell this story. This will be the first time back onstage since March of 2020 for all of these performers, and we hope you get as much joy out of this experience as we have.
Featuring: Megan Brown, Sheila Correa, Ryan Hollon, Ethan Kim, Matte Kranz, Sara Neal, & Angel Villalobos
Lighting Design by Sophie Lynd
Monday, May 31 at 6:00 pm - SOLD OUT!!
Center Stage Theater
Admission free, but ticket reservation required
Jim Sirianni interviewed Ryan Hollon, Sara Neal and Sheila Correa about the show.. Watch here. or listen to the podcast here
Due to the COVID Health Orders currently in place the capacity for this performance will be 45. (The capacity will be updated if the Santa Barbara County tier changes.) In compliance with the SB County Health Order, to allow us to have this capacity everyone in attendance will need to show proof that they are fully vaccinated or of a negative COVID test.
- If the test is a PCR test then the test can be with in the last 72 hours, for and ANTIGEN test the results must be within the last 24 hours.
Children 2 and under are exempted from this requirement.
• To be fully vaccinated means that you have had 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or 1 dose of J&J, and that it has been 2 weeks since your final dose
• Everyone over age 2 will need to show proof of one of these two things (either fully vaccinated or negative test) to be admitted to the theater
• For children under 12 who cannot yet be fully vaccinated, if they have a negative test they can sit in the Fully Vaccinated section with their parents. In this case, please purchase Fully Vaccinated tickets for them.
• All ticket sales will be done prior to the performance, and will be e-mail delivered tickets. The box office will not be open at the time of the performance. You will bring your ticket to the theater either digitally on your phone, or you can print you ticket at home and bring it to the theater, along with your vaccination confirmation or test result
• Masks must be worn at all times. If you remove your mask during the performance you will be removed from the theater.
• If you have any COVID symptoms, or have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID please do not come to the theater. If you need to cancel for COVID reasons your tickets will be refunded. Please email the theater prior to the performance and let us know you will not be able to attend firstname.lastname@example.org
• The tickets are for sale in either a FULLY VACCINATED section or a TESTED NEGATIVE section. We will assign the exact seat location and send you an email before the performance with your seat assignment.
• The FULLY VACCINATED section will not be socially distanced within the section, if you want to have your tickets socially distanced please purchase TESTED NEGATIVE seats.
• In the TESTED NEGATIVE section people from the same household can be seated together. If you are buying for more than one household please add a note about this in the comments section, and let us know the number of people from each household.
• If there are no tickets left in the type you want to purchase, please go ahead and purchase the other type and leave a note in the comments letting us know and we will seat you appropriately. In other words, if you are FULLY VACCINATED but those tickets are sold out, go ahead and purchase TESTED NEGATIVE tickets and include a note so we know to move you.
• At the theater everyone in your party you will have to show proof that they are FULLY VACCINATED or TESTED NEGATIVE or they will not be allowed to enter the theater and sit in those sections.
• Due to the COVID seating restrictions there will be NO LATE SEATING for any performances. Please be sure to arrive nice and early so we can get everyone in a nice, smooth and safe fashion.
• If you have any questions on ticketing, or our safety protocols or any other issues please email us at admin@centerstagetheater. Email is more effective than phoning because we are still working remotely for the most part.
• If there are any changes to the county protocols between now and the performance dates we will contact all ticket buyers
PERFORMANCE DATES AND TIMES:
- There are currently no event found for this show